Monday 15 July 2024

Here is the most embarrassing photos of Glori-Anne Gilbert ever taken

This photo, with scream queen actress Glori-Anne Gilbert. This was a convention here in Chicago back in 2002. These conventions are not just for writers or artists, they are for media stars, film stars, whomever wants to make an appearance. This photo was taken on the last day of the convention, I was dog-tired from getting little sleep (this was back in my drinking days). The way conventions work involve being on panels and then having autograph parties, but every single night, several different publishers would have gigantic parties.

The night before, Ms. Gilbert had lost the key (this was before swipe cards) to her hotel room. I was going to the lobby to meet someone, so I told her to wait and I would get a duplicate. I gave it to her and she ran back to the elevator, not really ignoring me, but more gotta get back to the party.

Well, my good deed wasn't forgotten. The next day, she saw me without me seeing her, and jumped onto a chair, grabbed me around the neck, and had another scream queen actress, Brinke Stevens, take a photo. She wanted me to have a souvenir, and Ms. Stevens did mail the photo to me a few days later. She did feel bad about leaving me so quickly just eight or ten (or six, who really knows?) earlier.

Face it, I look terrified. I had no idea what had leaped just outside my field of vision, and from there...well, I was afraid to breathe, more or less move. Some of my male friends find this photo amazing and find me to be lucky. I'm happy that Ms. Gilbert felt she owed me something and maybe felt guilty about walking away that quickly the night before, but there are family members who have said "So THIS is what you do at your "writing" conventions!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Breaking New Pussy in

  Breaking New Pussy in.. watch now